At Gastroenterology Consultants of South Texas (GCST), our patients health and safety are our top priorities. We have thorough safety measures in place to protect you, your caregivers, and our staff.
Know the symptoms. COVID-19 symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Stuffy or runny nose
- New onset of diarrhea
- Muscle aches and pains
Keeping you safe:
What is GCST doing to protect patients?
GCST is taking the following steps:
- Screening all who enter the clinic for COVID-19 symptoms.
- All staff working in the clinic always wear a mask.
- All patients and visitors must wear a mask at all times.
- Limiting the number of visitors by doing the following:
- Scheduling telehealth appointments for patients when possible.
- Limiting the number of caregivers that patients can bring to their appointment.
- Keeping all non-essential staff out of the clinic.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning all surfaces & frequently touched items.
What can I do to keep myself, my family and friends safe?
The most important steps to take:
- Avoid all gatherings.
- Practice good hand hygiene; wash your hands frequently.
- Follow social distancing guidelines when around others.
- Wear a face covering when you are out in public.
- Wear a face covering before you enter a healthcare setting, including GCST clinics.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Currently, there is no evidence to suggest that COVID-19 can be transmitted through
food or water systems; however, you can take extra steps to help protect your health
while preparing, cooking and shopping for food.
- Plan how you will take care of yourself or sick family members to avoid contaminating
- Make plans for childcare if you or your child is sick.
- Have a thermometer at home so you can check for fever if you or a love one feels ill